Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Who am I Wednesday with Hotlit Books

Who am I Wednesday with Hotlit Books

Post by  Co- Founder of Hotlit Books Xavier Zyta


In addition to Hotlit Books promoting authors, I (Xavier) have created the project of Who Am I Wednesday.  I thought it would be great to offer the ability for services or anyone that can offer something for authors.  I thought it would be great to start with Hotlit Books.  Gabriella Deveraux, founder of Hotlit Books (her baby) sat down with me to go over these questions.   

So with my first question is Who Am I Hotlit Books?  Well Hotlit Books is a non-profit organization that started almost eight months ago. It’s a fantastic site for authors and ran by authors.

What made you want to start HotlitBooks? I started Hotlit Books because I really felt there was not another site out there that was featuring authors as the main focus, which I felt should be done. I wanted to focus on the author as this is truly what makes the book special.

Even though Hotlit Books is still in its infancy, is it where you thought it would be now?  Actually no, it has grown into something completely different but I am so overwhelmed everyday with joy of how it has turned out.

Everybody knows the 5 year question so where would you like Hotlit books to be in 5 years? I really would like to see Hotlit Books helping even more authors by having workshops online and on location. I would love to have writer conferences with big-time authors. I would absolutely love to be able to pass on our successes to the younger generation.

As many people, are not aware but you spend hours a day working on Hotlit Books, what is your average time spent to promote Hotlit Books? I do spend quite a few hours some days I lose track but yesterday I spent sixteen hours working. On average I would have to say I spend at least 15+hours a day promoting and networking for Hotlit Books. Wow did I just admit to that? So yeh 15+hours at least and that’s 7 days a week. I don’t ever take a day off either.

Do you find it hard to balance everything?  Extremely! As I stated in my own personal blog this week I write a lot of lists and one of those lists is for my personal life as well. I have to include this or I will just focus on Hotlit and that’s it. Which is not very balanced at all. I also have to be reminded by loving partner to take time to relax.

You have two books out right now, when will we see the third installment in the Erotic Hotel Series? I don’t really know. It’s summertime here in the Pacific Northwest so it’s hard for me to write when the weather is so beautiful. So maybe by December, but it will be the last and final installment.

With accepting different types of genres, have you experienced any that you feel is hard to promote? Yes, but I will not say what that is. It’s not that it is hard to promote as far as the site is concerned, but as far as my own personal beliefs. But we do not discriminate on our site we will promote any genre.

What genre do you prefer to read? Hmm. That’s a good question. I love reading about faeries. I love reading light hearted stories. I also like reading self- motivating and or inspiring stories.  I can read some historical books and I like a good romance every so often.

Can you spill the beans on anything new or ideas you may be thinking of doing for Hotlit Books? Nope my lips are sealed but I am currently working on something pretty darn big-so stay tuned!

What do you feel is the hardest thing to do for running Hotlit Books? Promotions, I feel that getting the word out and gaining trust of the people out there is the hardest thing, yet it is also the most rewarding. When you read that people love the site and or that we are doing a great job it makes you feel wonderful and warm inside.

What would you like people to know about Hotlit Books and you? Hotlit Books and myself truly represent the author and their best intentions. We believe in the stories that they have to tell. We feel that a story is the key to our past, it leads down a path, a journey that someday when we are all gone, our grandkids and our great grandkids will be able to read these stories and know who we were as people , as writer’s and about the world we once lived in. This is why we love books and this is why it is so important to believe in the literary arts.

I want to thank Gabriella for taking time out of her busy day to answer these questions.  Hopefully, this lets you know who Hotlit Books and Gabriella Deveraux.  If you would like to do Who Am I Wednesday, please contact us

Xavier Zyta

You can find Hotlit Books at www.hotlitbooks.org and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/HotlitBooks


No comments:

Post a Comment